Thursday, June 10, 2010

Off again

I was asked a few days ago when I was going to update this blog again. I was surprised - I didn't know anyone read it, especially since I haven't posted in about a year and a half. But as I am leaving Istanbul (my home of the past three years) to begin a new adventure, it seemed like a good idea to start writing again.

The plan:
1 week in Paris
1 week in the UK - Manchester and Swansea
7 weeks in Turkey with Mark (the boy) attempting to see as much as possible
4 days back in Istanbul
10 hours on a plane with Mark and Greta (the cat) to NYC
3 days in NYC
5 days in Chapel Hill
16 hours driving a U-Haul with Mark and Greta to Ann Arbor, Michigan

I will then spend then next two and a half years completing two masters degrees - An MPH (masters of public health) in International Health and Epidemiology and an MA in Middle Eastern and North African Studies. Don't worry though, I'm not settling down, just staying in one place for a bit to get a degree which should allow me to be able to travel and work without teaching English.

And now, to pack!

No comments: