Sunday, June 22, 2008

And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile

And you may ask yourself, how did I get here?

I am now undertaking the serious task of being a tourist in my own town. It helps that I've been away for a year.

Weirdest things so far

*Drinking fountains, with water you can drink out of
*You can drink the tap water
*Dollars are bills, not coins
*Free refills
*Cars that stay in their lanes
*Cars that stop for pedestrians
*Driving for the first time in a year
*Grocery stores
*Even small children speak English
*No one cares about football, of the soccer variety

Highlights
*Burrito with pork! and guacamole
*Sushi
*Cheese, cheese and more cheese
*Cheese grits
*Carrboro farmers market with delicious cheese
*Contra dancing
*Tukey's victory over Croatia
*Seeing my friend's baby

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I use it as a point of departure for this post on my blog. Still eager to hear about Scotland. Hope you are well.